My FOSS contributions and rants on Feb-April 2021
My rants and contributions to FOSS in Feb - April 2021
- Involve with Debian and joined Debian Med teams , thank you Andreas Tille.
- I intend to help Steffen Möller to package python-scanpy by fixing blocker and I end up packaging it missing dependencies which are python-sinfo and python-stdlib-list . Many thanks to who teach me how to packaging and Nilesh Patra for sponsoring me. The work on scanpy still unfinished, there is still leftover to do. WIP.
- At same time I also send another ITP for
, it working but the unit test asking for another missing package called as
annoyfrom spotify and
- Both missing package I able to rebuild locally but I not sending ITP yet. I send a request to Debian Python Team to join them and place both of this package under it.
- I still contribute to Fedora as QA and few stuff. Another point, recently (actually few month ago but nvm, just put here), Izhar aka Kagesenshi get highsugar and re-activate the local community (Fedora Malaysia) via discord. He also setup a new team called Fedora Data Engineering SIG
- After a while using and involve (contribute) with Fedora for fews years, I sometimes get a feel that Fedora and Red Hat moving so fast on everything and feel it not community oriented it more like leader oriented, take a look on something worth called as “flamewar” on
which debate on changes on
os-release.. check the Wiki here
There is few’s more contribution but I not keep track it properly, will update when I remember it 🤪